Monday, October 4, 2010

Jason Adams Really Knows!

More Jason Adams.
An Interview with The Kid
Look, I’m not an art collector by any means. It’s just not my deal, but some of my most prized possessions are works of art created by skateboarders. Pieces by Mark Gonzales, Lance Mountain, Steve Olson, Morford, Reda, TG, Natas, Ken Nagahara and most recently Jason Adams hang proudly in my house. To me, art created by skateboarders has an added depth to it that ‘regular art’ lacks. I’m sorry ‘regular art guys’, but you know it’s true. Knowing that the same minds and bodies that destroyed spots across the world created beautiful pieces of art is deep as fuck. That said, I also think what guys like Jason Adams are doing with their art could easily hang in any museum in the world…so ‘regular art guys’ be warned…I think Jason’s coming for your spot with out him even meaning to.

I was blown away when I first saw Jason’s art. Using layers of spray paint, stencils and other techniques he is able to create images that are bold and powerful at first glance but have rich depth with carefully crafted details when you look into them. Subject matters close to his heart jump out of his work and become close to ours.

I truly believe its only a short matter of time before the rest of the world recognizes what a true artistic talent Jason is and his paintings will hang in museums and become far too expensive for us little people. For now though, I’m going to keep snatching up his prints, fill up my house with his work and brave explaining to my wife why I ‘just had to have one more.’

-by Jim Thiebaud

Now get in here and watch JA´s video and read the whole interview
http://www.thundertrucks.com/jason-adams-knows/

No comments:

Post a Comment